Good Afternoon people of the internet! Do I have the perfect recipe for you.
Wait for it…….keep waiting………HEALTHY HOT CHOCOLATE!! I know, i know …whats more perfect then lying by the fire ( they really only do that in movies) and sipping your healthy hot chocolate while you reminisce about your life? Maybe a couple things, but that sounds pretty good to me. This version of the typical hot chocolate does not have any butter, artificial sugar and has fiber, antioxidants and protein!! You can have your hot chocolate and drink it to!
Remember to enter your email address ( located in the side bar) to never miss a post!
This recipe can be made in the microwave as well as in a saucepan. This recipe contains 1.5 tablespoons of dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips, but you can opt. for no semisweet chocolate chips and add more cocoa powder instead, or even add dark chocolate!
You will need:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 tablespoons dairy-free semi sweet chocolate chips ( dairy; would make it non-vegan)
- Preferred sweetener ( couple drops of liquid stevia, half a pack of powdered stevia, or 1 tbsp of raw sugar)
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract – optional
- Add almond milk to a large (artsy) mug and microwave for 1 minute. Or add liquid into to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once milk is warm, add cocoa powder, chocolate and sweetener and whisk to combine.
- Put back in microwave or continue cooking on stove top until completely combined and has reached your preferred temperature.
- Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Lastly, add in peppermint extract if preferred. Stir, and garnish with a sprinkle of cocoa powder and enjoy!
*I do not own these pictures*
Follow my health Instagram: thehealthierteen_